Provides types and functions related to working with PostgreSQL
Much of this module is re-exported from database agnostic locations. However, if you are writing code specifically to extend Diesel on PostgreSQL, you may need to work with this module directly.
- Data structures for PG types which have no corresponding Rust type
- PostgreSQL related query builder extensions
- PostgreSQL specific SQL types
DISTINCT ON (...)
i-implement-a-third-party-backend-and-opt-into-breaking-changesThis error indicates that a type lookup for a custom postgres type failed
- The PostgreSQL backend
postgresThe connection string expected by
PgConnection::establishshould be a PostgreSQL connection string, as documented at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING
i-implement-a-third-party-backend-and-opt-into-breaking-changesCache for the OIDs of custom Postgres types
i-implement-a-third-party-backend-and-opt-into-breaking-changesThe key used to lookup cached type oid’s inside of a PgMetadataCache.
- The PostgreSQL query builder
PgConnectionspecific loading mode to load rows one by one
- The OIDs for a SQL type
- Raw postgres value as received from the database
- Used to build a transaction, specifying additional details.
Connection<Backend=Pg>so that the lookup of user defined types, or types which come from an extension can be cached.
- Determines the OID of types at runtime
i-implement-a-third-party-backend-and-opt-into-breaking-changesThis is a helper trait to defer a type oid lookup to a later point in time