Re-exports important traits and types. Meant to be glob imported when using Diesel.
pub use crate::associations::Identifiable;
pub use crate::deserialize::Queryable;
pub use crate::deserialize::QueryableByName;
pub use crate::expression::Selectable;
pub use crate::insertable::Insertable;
pub use crate::query_builder::AsChangeset;
- Allow two or more columns which are otherwise unrelated to be used together in a group by clause.
- Allow two or more tables which are otherwise unrelated to be used together in a query.
- Allow two tables to be referenced in a join query without providing an explicit
- Declare a sql function for use in your code.
- Specifies that a table exists, and what columns it has. This will create a new public module, with the same name, as the name of the table. In this module, you’ll find a unit struct named
table, and a unit struct with the names of each of the columns.
mysql_backendA connection to a MySQL database. Connection URLs should be in the form
postgres_backendThe connection string expected by
PgConnection::establishshould be a PostgreSQL connection string, as documented at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/libpq-connect.html#LIBPQ-CONNSTRING
sqliteConnections for the SQLite backend. Unlike other backends, SQLite supported connection URLs are:
- Errors which can occur during
- Indicates that all elements of an expression are valid given a from clause.
- Types which can be passed to
- Constructs a query that finds record(s) based on directional association with other record(s).
- Methods present on boolean expressions
- Helper trait used when boxing expressions.
- A column on a database table. Types which implement this trait should have been generated by the
- Extension trait to combine queries using a combinator like
EXPECTwith or without
ALLrule for duplicates
- A connection to a database
- Interface to add information to conflict targets. Designed to be open for further additions to conflict targets like constraints
- Adds the
NOT LIKE. This is used to specify the escape character for the pattern.
- Represents a typed fragment of SQL.
- Methods present on all expressions, except tuples
grouped_byfunction groups records by their parent.
- This trait indicates that a struct represents a single row in a database table.
- Represents that a structure can be used to insert a new row into the database. This is automatically implemented for
&Vec<T>for inserting more than one record.
- Converts a type to its representation for use in Diesel’s query builder.
- Specify the
ONclause for a join statement. This will override any implicit
ONclause that would come from
- Indicates that two tables can be joined without an explicit
- Methods present on all expressions
- See the method documentation.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on JSON and JSONB expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on array expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on Binary expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods which are present on all expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on JSONB expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present between CIDR/INET expressions
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on range expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL expression methods related to sorting.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on text expressions.
postgres_backendPostgreSQL specific methods present on timestamp expressions.
- Methods used to construct select statements.
- Represents a type which can appear in the
FROMclause. Apps should not need to concern themselves with this trait.
- Trait indicating that a record can be queried from the database.
- Deserializes the result of a query constructed with
- Methods used to execute queries.
- Sugar for types which implement both
- Trait indicating that a record can be selected and queried from the database.
- Indicates that an expression can be selected from a source.
- This helper trait provides several methods for constructing a select or returning clause based on a
sqliteSqlite specific methods which are present on all expressions.
- A SQL database table. Types which implement this trait should have been generated by the
- Methods present on text expressions
- A specialized result type for establishing connections.
- A specialized result type for queries.
- Implement required traits for the associations API
Identifiablefor references of the current type
Queryableto load the result of statically typed queries
QueryableByNamefor untyped sql queries, such as that one generated by